Monday, November 15, 2010

The week's activity

Monday Tabata sets at home:  Double unders, stitups, pushups, squats, V-ups (record the lowest count set)= 8, 12, 8, 15, 12
Tuesday  AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 12 min: 9 reps 35lbs DB thrusters + 1 ascent 15ft. Rope Climb = inches short of 7 rounds
Wednesday  goof off day... double unders at lunch, jog in the park, few pull ups, dips, knees to elbows on the playground
Thursday  AMRAP in 8 min: 4 HSPU's (hand stand pushups), 8 KB swings @ 53lbs, 12 GHD situps = 4 complete rounds + 8 KB swings
Friday  P90x Yoga
Saturday 100 OHS (overhead squats) with pvc pipe, shuttle run, 200 double unders: 17:28 (stinkin' double unders! they took me like 10 min.)
Sunday  failed attempt at a beach volley organization = REST DAY working on my tan in the sweet southern california sun

Whoever said P90x was like Crossfit at home... I have to disagree.  Sorry it's nothing like, in my opinion. It's an ok fill in, a fair stand by, and maybe for some super motivated and creative athletes it could be, maybe, as effective as crossfit, but I doubt it.  In itself I find it not very fun, and ergo not really my style any way.   The yoga wasn't relaxing and rejuvenating the way yoga tends to be either.  If you're not going to be fun at least be peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment