Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grateful Day 2 - Being Outdoors

What a beautiful world we have - being outside, just breathing in the fresh air, feeling the gentle breezes, lying in the grass or just walking and watching the clouds. Oh! and the wind in the trees... my absolute favorite sound.  I would imagine they were carrying on quite a conversation - the wind and the leaves. 

Today at lunch, I had no one for garage gym class, so I took a walk, prayed a rosary, and soaked in the beauty of the blessing.  I sit at a computer for at least 8 hours a day (death by desk job, might be the title of my life if I were not such a fighter)... sigh, what a release to be outside!

Reminds me of the Camino...  Once upon the most beautiful time of my life, I walked across Spain.  33 days. Just walking. All I needed on my back (or purchasable en route).  It does the heart good to close my eyes and go back there to the simplicity, the freedom, and the glory of it.

Thank you, Lord, for time to just be outside today.

No comments:

Post a Comment