Sunday, November 21, 2010
I really am at a loss for what is causing the reaction. I ate out 3x this weekend, which was a break through for me in not making myself a recluse for the sake of 'paleo', but I honestly can't find much suspect in the choices. Help!
1) I baked this last week... but there was about another pound of this mix that I have eaten. Maybe too much brussell sprouts is the culprit. I mean, the gas thing has been present since I started eating on this.
There are also snap peas in there, which maybe are a legume and so really not a desirable choice?
2) the Yerba Mate' - I know that it is supposed to be very healthy for digestion, but I am still suspicious of it. I like it though, and don't want to be prejudiced toward it, so while I don't drink it every day, I've still been drinking it, including today.
3) Dining out #1 Friday, Souplantation - I stuck to the raw veggies with oil and vinegar. I ate two big salads, but didn't put anything unusual in it. I did have a bite of lemon mousse though; it was not worth the bite. It was probably cream based with artificial sweetener.
4) Dining out #2 Saturday, Barbeque: I went for salad again with Italian dressing and Brisket, no sauce....
5) Dining out #3 This afternoon, Chipotle: Chicken 'Salad' (it was more like a burrito without the tortilla)- lettuce, peppers and onions, chicken, salsa, and guacamole. I eat all of that at home.
6) Paleo "Cookie Dough" - so good. This is actually just extra crust from my paleo cheesecake the other day. I thought I would make it into a snack bar or cookies, but before I could figure out what to make with it I ate the whole tupperware raw. It was delicious, but maybe not a good choice. Ingredients: almonds, dates, coconut oil, almond milk, baking soda, vanilla, and an egg. It's been in my fridge since Thursday. Maybe raw eggs don't keep that long. (Not to mention I should know better than to eat raw eggs, but I like it, and I figure if it was ok for Gaston, why shouldn't it be okay for me).
Well, if raw eggs don't keep, then I should throw out my homemade mayo from last week too.
I have no idea where the problem is, but I would like A LOT to avoid it in the future. Ideas? Where do you think the problem is?