Monday, November 22, 2010

Grateful Day 1 - Curry

I didn't think I would post about food this week, because I decided that I should only post about things from a positive, grateful place.  I have had nothing nice to say about my cooking or food in general lately, so I thought I would skip it... however, tonight my curry was tasty.  I am grateful my curry was tasty.  Tip for next time - spinach was  good choice, use more spinach and skip the bell pepper.

3/4 can coconut milk
1 c water
1 sweet potato (skinned and microwaved 3 min)
1/4 chopped onion
1 chicken breast (pre cooked and chopped)
2 big hand fulls of spinach
1/2 jar of green curry paste
few shakes of yellow curry powder
1 slice bell pepper (DON'T do it!)
cook over medium heat, stirring until veggies are your choice consistency... mmmm!

Thank you, Lord, that I have fresh food to eat and water to drink.  Thank you that I have a warm place to sleep, and a kitchen to cook in.  Thank you that I have been met with warmth and love by so many beautiful people along my way.
As I pilgrim I have to say... Thank you Lord for clean clothes, a shower, and rest for my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment