Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Break.

Feeling stressed, burned out, just plain desolate... I decided that I should relax a bit, starting with some wine, a massage, and a cheat meal with a friend.

Friday night Cheats:  chips, tacos, CHEESE, margarita, and popcorn.
Chips and Salsa was deliciousness!

Results:
1) I awoke Saturday surprisingly feeling ok.  Feeling good even.  Refreshed a bit.  No rebellion from my body.
2) WOD saturday was less than great...stomach was in knots, burning in my chest, would like to puke please
3) Six pack experiment set back...
oh pancita, there you are.  Definition decimated.  What a difference a bottle of wine and a night of junk food can make.  compare.


There is some truth to the statement: "fat and happy".  I am happy to have relaxed a bit. I am happy to be able to believe I am beautiful just because I am, and I am happy to take that peace and get my #$% served to me working out hard tomorrow :)


I am taking victory from this... there's a time and a season for all, for feasting and for fasting.  Taking this break doesn't define me and doesn't cancel all my hard work.  It doesn't mean that I need to continue on a series of binders.  It doesn't mean that food will be an emotional crutch or outlet that rules me.  It just means I am free to choose the path I want, and free to enjoy life, without living in fear of blowing it.

Thanks for the fun, weekend!  We'll do it again in a few more weeks.  In the meantime, I'm ready to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment