Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Breakfast, Dessert, Coffee Shop Treat?

A few weekends ago I stayed with a friend after a party. The following morning she was making breakfast for us: eggs for me and scones for the others. SCONES! So I checked out the recipe to see if I might be able to adjust it... this first attempt came out more like shortbread.  The berry sauce brought a nice moist sweetness.

1/2c Coconut oil melted
2 eggs
1/2 c. almond or coconut milk
1/2 c. apple sauce*
1/4 c. blended dates
Mix together, then add
1 1/2 c. coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Pack into a 9x9 dish
Bake 18-20 min. at 375.

topping:
Add some 1/2c blueberries and strawberries each to a sauce pan. Squeeze the juice of one small orange or nectarine into the pan also.  simmer and stir until saucy...
* the original recipe called for 1/4 c of honey. Applesauce and dates were my substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment