Friday, October 29, 2010

Not Afraid

This "blog" is who I am... where I am.
imperfect... rough around the edges... scattered... but today I'm making no apologies.

There is something that has plagued my heart since my earliest memories - I do not belong. I am anomaly - a piece that doesn't quite fit. No matter how much I may look and play the part, and seem to have 'it all together' - my heart has always been alone.

Or so my enemies would have me believe... The truth is I have never been alone.  I have always been loved, and from the beginning of time there has been a part to play, a piece to fill, that only I can do.  I don't know what that is, but I know it is truth.

I am starting today with the declaration that I am not afraid.  I am not afraid of my failures. I am not afraid of my weaknesses, and get this... I am not afraid of my strength.  I will not be afraid of the person God made me to be - even if it means that often times I seem to stand alone. 

And so I begin today - just sharing my life, sharing my walk, what's working, what's not, each step as I grow.  I have been given an incredible gift.  I have the capacity to be a light.  I am not afraid to shine.  The truth is I am not so very different, and I am not alone.  My heart is probably a lot like yours.  The sooner we put the lies and fears behind us and share our glory with one another - well... the more light, the more truth, the more good, there will be in the world.

My armor is on, my sword is drawn, and I am not afraid to be the beautiful woman I was created to be.  I am fighting for my heart.

"The story of your life is the story of the long and brutal assault on your heart by the one who knows what you could be and fears it" -John Eldredge

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved reading what you write and listening to your thoughts. Blogland is a perfect place for you, lovely. Can't wait to see what comes next. Love you!

    ReplyDelete