Friday, October 21, 2011

A few words from Therese

“May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be content knowing you are a child of God.

Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.

It is there for each and every one of us.”
                                                          ― St. Thérèse de Lisieux
I heart her. Of all the saints, I relate most often to Therese. She saw her littleness, her weakness, and she set out on a little way, to do the smallest things with great love.
My life is small.  It is simple.  I can boast of no great talents, and when I fall, at times, into comparing myself to others I am overwhelmed by my insufficiency. But then I remember Therese:
“I understood that every flower created by Him is beautiful,
that the brilliance of the rose and the whiteness of the lily
do not lessen the perfume of the violet
or the sweet simplicity of the daisy.
I understood that if all the lowly flowers wished to be roses,
nature would no longer be enamelled with lovely hues.
And so it is in the world of souls, Our lord's living garden.”
St. Thérèse de Lisieux
We are each beautiful and priceless. With her life, not just her words, she shows me that we have an incredible contribution to make to the world - even through the most seemingly mundane and mediocre means.

No comments:

Post a Comment